2013 Elements: WATER edition
Cover image: Jo Newman and her children make natural watercolour paint
The first issue for 2013 is part of our Elements themed year, and begins with WATER. So versatile and so necessary for life. In this issue we have 15 contributors, and more than 20 projects, these wonderful contributors from around the world walk us through arts and crafts, science, experimentation, adventure, cooking and play — all related to water.
- :: Jo Newman and her children make natural watercolour paints & salt from the sea
- :: Susan Schwake & her students show us some water colour techniques
- :: Vicki Smith makes paper mache bowls with her students
- :: Joanie Gorman and a bunch of kids make a fleet of boats & cork sailors
- :: Marcie Cuff and her daughter send a message in a bottle
- :: Kathreen Ricketson & family [that’s me] investigate ocean flotsam & jetsam, make some ephemeral beach collections & experiment with sea jellies
- :: Gina Vida and her children make two ice projects
- :: Helen Bird shows us a fun wet felted project
- :: Natalie Kramer experiments with water tension four different ways
- :: Jo Ebisujima and her son experiment with water density & quiz us on water usage
- :: Alex Kelly and her kids go fishing & learn a lot about fish while using a Japanese printing technique
- :: Melissa Wastney bakes water crackers
- :: Lucy Hordern and her daughter create a water bottle rainbow
- :: Dawn & Wesley Smith make a water rocket
- :: and Jackie Boucher has designed a water themed word search & colouring page
FREE PROJECT EXCERPT
Make these cork sailors and pirates to sail on your boat (project also included in this Action Pack) — DOWNLOAD 1-page PDF here.
Image: Natalie Kramer experiments with water tension
Image: Helen Bird shows us a fun wet felted project
Image: Gina Vida‘s ice lantern
Image: Lucy Hordern‘s water bottle rainbow
When tackling these projects be sure to:
- Ask permission first.
- Organise your area, use equipment safely and follow the safety advice.
- Prepare and organise your space, ingredients and materials beforehand.
- Be safe and careful when handling heat and knives and sharp instruments.
- Clean up afterwards.
- Have fun.
Important: After purchase you will be directed to a page where you can download the PDF. And the pdf magazine will also be automatically delivered via e-mail as soon as your payment is received. The e-mail you receive will include a link to download the file directly to your computer. Please note that the link will only allow you to access the file for a limited period (150 hours or 5 tries), so please make sure to download and save the file on your own computer as soon as you receive it. Lost files may be replaced for a period of 30 days following purchase. Very occasionally your email provider may mark this email as junk, so if you do not receive the email, then first check your junk mail, as a precaution download the file from the webpage directly after purchase.